What’s really is happiness?
Basically we have four levels of happiness
- Happiness from material objects
- Happiness from comparison, being better, more admired than others
- Happiness from doing good for others Ultimate, perfect happiness -finding your calling.
The benefits of being happy:If happiness is a universal goal, then we need to understand it’s cause and effects. Before we go on we need to know why it’s so important to us. Why are we so hung up on being happy?
- Happy people are reported to live 14%longer,increasing their lives by 7.5 to 10 years
- Happy people have strong immune system and have longer lifespan, than depressed and unhappy people.
- Makes you more giving. Since they are happy, they feel more contentment and tend to share their blessings with others.
- Helps you to recover from trauma faster.
- It’s beneficial to relationships
- They have a broader and more meaningful network of friends.
But what is happiness, really? Is that feeling that rushes over you when you achieve a goal, when you have your first child, or when you love someone and they love you back? You know it when you’re happy or not, but can something so intangible really be defined and measured?
What exactly happiness is?
Every individual has thier own definition of what makes them happy. But the extensive research on happiness have shown that there are certain needs that must be satisfied in order to achieve this emotional state.
“HAPPINESS IS WHEN YOU THINK, WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO ARE IN HARMONY ❤”
What makes human’s happy?
- Pleasure (delicious food, a warm bed, anything that pleases one of 5 sense)
- The experience of any enjoyable and challenging activity.
- Meaning(belonging to something bigger than ourselves)
- Accomplishments (achievement of goals)
Are you happy😊?
If you were asked to rate your happiness right now, it will not be an accurate indicator of your Life satisfaction. You may be feeling discontented with your work, or having a fight with your loved one-two and you will give your state of happiness a low rating.
May be you just have a promotion or brought a new car and you’re feeling on top of the world. You’re happy. But if you were asked if you’re satisfied with your life in general, you may rate your life satisfaction differently. This shows that happiness is not equal to life satisfaction which equates to long term happiness. Hence,your overall sense of well-being cannot be determined by now happy you are today or last Friday.
Thank you for reading!